The theme of the movie “The Power of Vision” felt very similar to the theme of the book “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. The narrator, Joel Parker started by paraphrasing philosopher Fred Pollack by saying “Is a nation’s positive image of its future, the consequence of the nation’s success or Is the nation’s success a consequence of the nation’s positive image of its future.” The book “The Secret” follows this theory however rewords the principle and calls it the “Laws of Attraction.” Yet this blog assignment is about my vision and not a debate with regard to the conceptual theories of each philosophy. As a older student who was seen a season or two, Visions are often marred by the septone of the past. I have had the pleasure and pain of vision realized and dreams deferred. And as this economy seems to sit on the brink of ruin, it’s difficult to reach towards the future when the future looks bleak. I believe the new change in government will help turn this country around, yet is the common US citizen able to compete on a global scale? I think this is where we fall short, and my take generations before we are able to. So the blog assignment calls for me to write about my vision. After graduating, I will be going to law school. My plan is to practice law in New York after graduating from law school for 2 years and then relocate to Atlanta. I don’t believe in retiring, so I will continue to work to increases my passive income through real estate, business, and stock opportunities. Will all that said, a joke I heard some time ago comes to mind. It went like this:
How do you make God laugh?
Answer: Tell him about your plans…

2 comments:
Law school is hard work. But hey if your up for it, then all the power to you! Just wondering, are you originally from Atlanta?
Hey Doris,
Nope I was born and raised in NY. Did live in LA for 2 years. Atlanta? I attended a family reunion in Atlanta last year and loved it. My wife attended her cousin's wedding in Atlanta and loved it. So we are both looking foward to the change. My daughter is the only one not looking forward to the move. But what child looks forward to leaving their friends....
Post a Comment