Sunday, October 26, 2008
The Decision Making Process
On Monday, 20th, Professor Kurpis gave the class the option of deciding how the most recent and all future tests will be evaluated. The only contingency was 100% class agreement with the submitted terms. I have to admit after he made that statement I turned to one classmate and said, “He just set us up for the next class topic.” And I watched as the madness simmered. I did not totally disengage, however felt it was going to take a little time to before we would be able to come to a level where the actual decision making could be realized. I equate my action to my experience working with the Emergency Medical Service as an Emergency Medical Technician. Although there are no better times with any tragedy, quite often the best time to get to an accident is not immediately after it happened but a few minutes later. This generally gives people time to calm and therefore the immediate injures can be evaluated. So I slowly watched a train wreck. On Monday, the train collided at around 6:35pm and the smoked cleared around 6:40pm. That is when the work began. I initially suggested the Consult Group method whereby one member from each group act on behalf of their group as we attempt to come to an overwhelming majority decision; as we move to a 100% agreement. Although we did have High Group Freedom and Low Leader Influence, our group skills were not strong enough whereby the optimal choice would suggest the Facilities Decision method; I think the natural environment and ideology of the class would benefit from the Consult Group Method
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahhh the yelling, shouting, disagreeing, complaining, and everything else made the moment so hectic. It was a hard task that the Professor gave us and I also knew that this was going to be another class assignment. lol However the end results were great with the exception of other things we had in mind to add to the proposition. lols
Post a Comment