
Looks like there will be some changes to the lot at 227 Cherry, the current location of Pathmark. For one thing, the area residences have been screaming foul about the rumors of Pathmark closing. There are thousands of people in the 2 block radius of the supermarket who buy every day. And then there are hundreds of people who drive in from Brooklyn to shop. In my opinion, the rumor that Pathmark or any other large scale supermarket will not be part of the changes to the site are wrong. Other rumors include affordable housing. I hope the developers do NOT add affordable housing. Yes, I said it. I believe market rate either rentals or condominiums addition of new family with higher household income would be better for the comminity. New money means better services, like better schools and more active community services. Property taxes help pay for these services. I look forward to no having to pass by the little drug dealers and their customers who regularly hang out by the lower end of East Broadway train station. I look forward to not seeing the police "Have you seen this person" poster on lamp post and trees in the area as I head to work. This is a great community with some good people. So having people who can afford condos at around 1.2M to 3M is a welcomed addition.

2 comments:
Do you have any listing in manhattan with three bedrooms and below or aboce 400,000.00 if you do please email me at lyprj@yahoo.com I have been looking for two years now. cna be Washington highs, hamilton highs, harlem, morningside.
Thanks Loyda Perez.
Loyda, currently there are nine 3 bedroom units in Manhattan that are at and below 400K. It concerns me that you have been looking for 2 years. One year ago I sold a couple a 2 bed (now worth 625K) for a little less than 500K. 2 years ago, you could have had a grand unit at the Hamilton for 400K. There must be some feature in the home that you saw that missed the mark. Or has it the pricing. I would love to talk with you about this. Call me.
Post a Comment